If you checked out our big list of fat burning foods, but are stuck for a few snack ideas, we’ve got you covered. Here’s 10 super simple and tasty fat burning snacks you can whip up in a pinch to keep your metabolism ticking over and your appetite under control. These are perfect between-meals, when you’re on the go or at work or when you just need a pick-me-up.
1. Peanut Butter Fruit Toast – Toast 1 (35g) slice of fruit bread and spread with 1tsp of natural peanut butter.
2. Watermelon & Yoghurt – Have chopped watermelon with 150g tub of natural or flavoured yoghurt.
3. Popcorn & Warm Milo – Microwave 1/2 cup (125ml) skim milk in a microwave-safe mug on high for 1 minute or until hot. Stir in 4 tsp of Milo or equivalent chocolate flavored drink. Have with 1 cup (15g) air-popped popcorn.
4. Eggplant dip & Crackers with Almonds – Spread 1 tbs eggplant dip over 2 cruskits and have 6 roasted natural almonds
5. Pear & Nutella toast – Spread 1 (35g) slice toasted multi-grain bread with 1 teaspoon of nutella. Top with 1 thinly sliced small cored pear.
6. Autumn fruit & Nuts – Have 1 apple cut into wedges with 2 tablespoons walnuts.
7. Indian Cauliflower – Combine 1/4 cup (50g) cottage cheese with 1 tablespoon mango and ginger chutney. Have with 1 cup small cauliflower florets.
8. Cheesy Crisp-breads – Spread 1/3 cup (60g) cottage cheese over 2 Ryvita crackers and top with 2 baby gherkins
9. Pomegranate Yoghurt – Stir the seeds from 1/2 a pomegranate through 150g tub of natural yoghurt.
10. Figs & Hazelnuts – Have 2 ripe figs and 10 roasted hazelnuts